Saturday, January 23, 2010

A different side of Patricia

Over the next week or so, I kept in touch with Patricia over the telephone. For various reasons owing to our separate commitments, we were unable to see one another again over that time. The conversations were relatively superficial, exchanging pleasantries and sharing a little of our working days. However, one telephone call we had over that time sticks out in my mind as being significant.

Before, when I had rung Patricia or she had rung me, our conversations were somewhat formal. She was polite, reserved and looked to me to lead the conversation. This time, I happened to call her whilst she was doing some reading for her teaching. I suggested she might not want me to interrupt and she was adamant that she was ready for a break as the reading was boring her to tears. She seemed to be talking faster than usual and the reserve in the past was well hidden from view.

“I don’t mind if you interrupt me, Max. A girl rather enjoys distractions of a certain kind...”

“Is that right?” I enquired? “What sort of distractions are you referring to...?”

She was showing a rather playful, cheeky side and I liked it.

“The sort of distraction where a man can show a girl a good time, I suppose...”

“Describe a “good time”.

“Ohhh... well...that could be any number of things really...

I played along for a few more light hearted exchanges and got the distinct impression that she would have liked me to make more of a move; to ratchet things up a notch. I felt tingly at the prospect of all the fun I could have getting to know Patricia’s mind. One of the loveliest things of getting to know a new girl is that when you have established an environment of trust and safety, a girl will tell you everything. If a man gets lucky he finds that a girl has the most lewd of fantasies; that her wants are vast and her imagination vivid.

I think it was this thought and this moment that really had me commit to Patricia and an ongoing relationship with her. I like a girl with a good mind but a girl with a dirty mind is gold.

No comments: